Re: 23.0.60; Dired remote creates local directory through the menus

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Dired remote creates local directory through the menus
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:51:08 +0200

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

> If you open a remote directory in dired and try to create a directory
> through the menus
>
>   Immediate
>     Create Directory
>
> a local directory will be created. However if you use the key binding
> (+) it works as expected.

I cannot reproduce it here, both ways work as expected. I'm working on
Ubuntu, but this shouldn't be relevant.

What do you mean with "remote directory", something connected via
ange-ftp, or connected via ssh/plink?

Do you have your own binding for <Immediate> <Create Directory>? Does it
also happen, when you call "emacs -Q"?

Best regards, Michael.