Re: You can set this variable in your initialization file.

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: You can set this variable in your initialization file.
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 01:48:27 +0300

>    Many variables cannot usefully be set in the .emacs file and yet C-h v
>    keeps telling me "You can set this variable in your initialization
>    file".
>
> I don't know of any.  Are you saying that parts of Emacs are not
> written in Emacs Lisp and such parts are important to users?
> Certainly, parts are not.  A .emacs file is written in Emacs Lisp and
> evaluated.

Maybe we should put these links only on variables
where the first character of the documentation string
is `*'?

Also I expected that at least part of this text
(e.g. "set this variable") would lead to visiting
the initialization file using `(find-file user-init-file)'.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/