Re: Transient Mark Mode on by default

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: Transient Mark Mode on by default
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:50:13 +0900

M Jared Finder <address@hidden> writes:

> I have introduced *many* people to Emacs and within the first day, I
> always hear:
>
> "How do I make Cut/Copy/Paste work like every other program?"

The Cut/Copy/Paste bindings are already different on different
platforms, for example, on Windows XP, it's C-x/c/v; on Mac OS X, it's
M-x/c/v (M represents the Apple key).  So it's really difficult for
emacs to adjust its complicated bindings to them.  We have to live with
that.

On the contrary, I wonder whether there is any global way configuring
other applications to behave as emacs, since sometimes it also pisses me
off due to this inconsistence.

--
William

http://williamxu.net9.org