Re: Status of the bug tracker testbed

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Status of the bug tracker testbed
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 22:18:10 -0400

>    Does everyone have write access to enter bug and send control
>    messages?  Could someone give a recipe on the best way to enter Gnus
>    bug reports into the tracker?  The reports are here as mail/news
>    articles.  It would be useful if the original reporter appears in
>    "Reported by:".

> Agree.

Not sure what you agree on, but it's completely open.
There's documentation on the web site.

> Another question/request. As we are likely moving to a new DVC
> (bzr), is there a way to make debbug and bzr cooperate ?

Probably.  Haven't looked into it yet.

> For example, I could have sent/pushed a fix to bug #1234. I would
> like bzr telling so to debbug such that it would have updated the
> bug state. I know bzr is able to achieve this for several bug
> trackers but dunno if it would work out of the box with debbug.

No, Bzr doesn't support Debbugs out of the box.  You can configure it to
adapt it to unknown bug trackers, so it may be able to work with
Debbugs, or maybe not.  I'd expect the Bazaar team to welcome patches
that try to add support for Debbugs in any case.

        Stefan