Re: Status of the bug tracker testbed

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: Status of the bug tracker testbed
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 20:13:21 -0700

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> Another question/request. As we are likely moving to a new DVC
> (bzr), is there a way to make debbug and bzr cooperate ?
>
> For example, I could have sent/pushed a fix to bug #1234. I would
> like bzr telling so to debbug such that it would have updated the
> bug state. I know bzr is able to achieve this for several bug
> trackers but dunno if it would work out of the box with debbug.

The real question is how you want to indicate that you've fixed (or
otherwise munged with) a bug; once you know that, it's pretty easy to
have the post-commit hooks tag the bug pending or fixed or even send
the patch that you've added. [It's a pretty simple matter of sending a
mail message.]

But yes, in short, it's something that can be done relatively easily.

Don Armstrong

--
"Because," Fee-5 explained patiently, "I was born in the fifth row.
Any fool would understand that, but against stupidity the very Gods