Re: Exchange 2007 Issues When Copying Between Folders

From: Jake Colman
Subject: Re: Exchange 2007 Issues When Copying Between Folders
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 10:34:52 -0400

   SJ> Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:
   >> Jake Colman <address@hidden> writes:
   >>
   >>> Simon,
   >>>
   >>> Can you suggest something better to fix this problem?  I'm sure that I'm
   >>> not the only user who will want to use Gnus with Exchange 2007.  This
   >>> fix, incorrect though it may be, does work.  Is there something other
   >>> IMAP command that will get data in the way Gnus needs to see it?
   >>
   >> Does the fix work?  In another post you said it didn't help.
   >>
   >> We can introduce a variable nnimap-enable-exchange-bug-workaround that
   >> toggles the way the code works.  You can set that variable, if it indeed
   >> solves your problem, and others can leave it at its disabled default
   >> value.

   SJ> Here is what I propose, if 1:* really solves the problem.  Please test
   SJ> it, apply the patch and customize nnimap-enable-minmax-bug-workaround to
   SJ> a non-nil value.

Simon,

I probably thought it wasn't working because of the performance issue
sue to the amount of data being transferred.  Yes, the bug fix _does_
work and I _am_ able get data from my Exchange server.  Unfortunately,
it is quite slow and, has some other bugs with moving  email betweeen
folders.

...Jake

--
Jake Colman