Re: Transient Region Highlighting - an improvement over Transient Mark M

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Transient Region Highlighting - an improvement over Transient Mark Mode.
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 23:29:36 +0200

>  2) Highlighting the region as such is not the relevant thing to the
>  user.

I might misunderstand you, but I do not agree -- the highlighted
region is what I like most about Transient Mark Mode. It is nice to
see exactly how the region looks like (the last couple of years I have
turned it off for other reasons but when I do use it I like seeing
that highlight.) I sometimes make use of the feature where certain
commands are restricted to the region, but for me that isn't critical
(it's "nice to have"), I could always use narrowing if I wanted that.