Re: find.el --- Build a valid find(1) command with sexps

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: find.el --- Build a valid find(1) command with sexps
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 22:53:46 -0400

    >  Also, I think that it should be a function rather than a macro.
    >  (That would require explicitly quoting the arguments.)

    Could some explain to a lisp beginner like me what the benefit is? The
    macro version seems easier to use as you don't have to quote the
    arguments - to me that seems like a good thing.

A function is better because
(1) you can compute the arguments, and
(2) in general it is better to avoid using macros when they
are not really needed.