Error with printing interface

From: Herbert Euler
Subject: Error with printing interface
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 18:08:46 +0800

I found a problem with printing interface.  Here is how to reproduce:

- Turn on printing interface with the following:

  (require 'printing)
  (pr-update-menus)

- Visit lisp/printing.el.  Do not set a region in it after opening.

- Open printing interface: Click on File -> Print -> Printing
  Interface.

- Click on the [Preview] button.  An error is signaled: Args out of
  range: X, X, where X is an integer, and the two integers are the
  same.

I tried to debug, and found this:

- M-x debug-on-entry RET auto-compose-region RET

- Click on the [Preview] button again.

- Keep typing d to skip uninterested function callings, stop at the
  calling to selected-window.

- Type d or c, I got #.

I guess this explains why there is an error, because I observed that
the integer X in the error message is always greater than (point-max)
of *Printing Interface*.  While I did not see the value of
(selected-window) in the case when the size of the buffer or a region
in the buffer is less than the size of *Printing Interface*, I'm not
sure.

I can generate a ps file with e.g. (pr-text2ps 'buffer 1 "~/tmp/abc")
in the buffer printing.el, though.

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu