Re: 23.0.60; Resizing may delete windows

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Resizing may delete windows
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 19:04:24 +0200

>>I suppose that `shrink_windows' simply has to take into account the
>>presence of modelines when checking the min_size of windows.  That's
>>quite tedious to do - I have to alloc a second vector to store the
>>minimum sizes of all involved windows.
>
> I can't think of any reason why the modelines would matter.

FWIW, because shrink_windows and the rest of window.c have different
conceptions of what min_size is: shrink_windows considers a window of
height 2 as resizable to 1 (because min_size equals 1).  All other
functions either delete a window of height 1 or don't allow to resize it
to 1 if the window wants a modeline.

> Just, when
> rearranging windows because of a change somewhere (frame size or
> other-window size), try hard not to shrink a window (i.e. prefer
> shrinking another window) if that shrinkage would cause it to
> be deleted.

That's what I meant - I have to teach shrink_windows not to ask for
resizing windows of height 2.