Re: Feature Request : autoload-form

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Feature Request : autoload-form
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:30:36 +0900

Don Armstrong writes:

 > The distribution of emacs and packages which are used for emacs but
 > are not part of emacs have largely been solved by distributions
 > already. See Debian's emacs policy, for example.

I have.  Debian's emacs policy is a frequent source of annoyance to
XEmacs.  The policy of trying to use a single package to serve both
Emacsen, especially when it's a package we provide but GNU does not,
often results in buggy behavior.  I don't know that it can be done
better from Debian's point of view, but from XEmacs's point of view,
"largely solved" is an overstatement.