Re: Assertion failes in w32uniscribe.c

From: Claus
Subject: Re: Assertion failes in w32uniscribe.c
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 19:50:20 +0200

>  I am still using --disable-font-backend because without it there has been
> some very annoying screen blinking. Has anyone else seen this?

Confirmed. Lot's of blinking, especially when the screen is split (C-x
2). It looks like for each keystroke both buffers are completely
redisplayed (or parsed... or re-fontified... hard to tell the
difference).

Whatever it is, it causes lag / slowdown during typing.

Thus, I see myself using C-x 1 all the time to enhance performance a bit.

GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.0.6000) of 2008-03-23 on WindowsVista

Claus

--

Mit freundlichem Gruß,
Claus Klingberg