Re: Assertion failes in w32uniscribe.c

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Assertion failes in w32uniscribe.c
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 21:32:16 +0200

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

> I am still using --disable-font-backend because without it there has
> been some very annoying screen blinking. Has anyone else seen this?

With the new font backend, redisplay is so slow that Emacs is unusable
on an AMD Athlon 550 MHz (Windows2kSP4), and takes a good share of CPU
on a 2 GHz Pentium M (XPSP2).

The effect is more serious on certain applications (Gnus, ERC) although
it is bad enough while editing or viewing C/C++/Elisp source files.

For now, I'll use --disable-font-backend.

[snip]

--
Oscar