Re: debian-bug.el in Emacs? (was: Status of the bug tracker testbed)

From: Peter S Galbraith
Subject: Re: debian-bug.el in Emacs? (was: Status of the bug tracker testbed)
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 12:19:10 -0400

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 27 2008, Don Armstrong wrote:

> >> Is the authorship of these clear
> >
> > It's documented in the el files for them.
> >
> >> and are the authors willing to sign legal papers for Emacs
> >> (copyright assignment or disclaimer)?
> >
> > I've no clue; they are all GPLv2 or later, however.
>
> What do people think about adding it to Emacs and adapting it for the
> Emacs bug tracker?
>
> ,----
> | ;; debian-bug.el --- report a bug to Debian's bug tracking system
> |
> | ;; Copyright (C) 1998, 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> | ;; Copyright (C) 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Peter S Galbraith <address@hidden>
> | ;; Copyright (C) 2005, 2006, 2007 Peter S Galbraith <address@hidden>
> `----
>
> The major contributors seem to be Francesco Potortì and Peter S
> Galbraith.  AFAICS, Peter Galbraith's assignment only covers MH-E, but
> I suppose he'd be willing to sign papers for other parts of Emacs as
> well.  According to the ChangeLog (included in the file), there are
> few (small?) contributions from other authors.
>
> Peter?

Sure.  I haven't followed the conversation, so I'm not sure whether you
want to adapt it to the Emacs BTS (either as a fork or as a unified
version) or simply use bits of it.  But copyright assignment from me
wouldn't be a problem.

Peter

--
Peter S. Galbraith, Debian Developer          <address@hidden>