Re: tool-bar (Carbon port): labels under icons

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: tool-bar (Carbon port): labels under icons
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 11:40:37 -0400

> Can I suggest the following patch that allows the use of labels under the
> icons as is standard on the OS?

I think the feature is a good one, but it needs to be supported under
GNU/Linux as well.  The reason why we don't have it is because the
non-toolkit toolbar does not support it (i.e. the code for it was simply
not written), but now that we use Gtk it should not be difficult.

> 2008-04-05  David Reitter <address@hidden>

>       * tool-bar.el (tool-bar-local-item): Accept string for KEY
>       as icon label.

We should add a :caption property to menu-items instead.  Using strings
for keys may work, but it's a hack.

        Stefan