Re: emacs icon - ugh!

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: emacs icon - ugh!
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 23:10:05 +0200

>  Anyway, FWIW, I think the new icon is quite a bit inferior to the Emacs 22
> icon.
>  Attached is a screenshot of them both on my desktop. I have a hard time
>  believing that anyone prefers the new one.

I also like the old one better. And I think it is easier to associate
the notebook icon with a text editor.

>  Even at the giant size of these desktop icons, the "pen" looks like just a
>  graphics mistake.

Yes. I have to squint really hard to see that as a pen.

>  fuzzy and washed out. In its favor, the "E" formed by the gnu horns is more
>  clearly an "E" (and less clearly horns).

I think the old horns looks like both an E and an M (that was the
point, right?) more than the new ones.

>  Anyway, this is not a biggee, but JFTR I preferred the previous one.

Same here, but I wanted to chime in anyway.