hunspell support (was: Fly-spelling with multiple dictionaries)

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: hunspell support (was: Fly-spelling with multiple dictionaries)
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 18:47:11 +0200

Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> wrote:
> (setq ispell-program-name "hunspell"
>       ispell-local-dictionary "en_US"
>       ispell-local-dictionary-alist '(("en_US" "[A-Za-z]" "[^A-Za-z]"
>       "[']" nil nil nil iso-8859-1)))
>
> then M-x ispell-buffer used hunspell as back end and worked as expected!
> (Even a quick attempt to use flyspell succeeded.)
[...]
> I guess there are a bunch of additional harry details which will need
> fixing, but in general it seems that hunspell actually can be used as a
> drop-in replacement for ispell with Emacs.

One problem seems to be, that in contrast to the manual page hunspell in
pipe mode does not handle lines starting with `~' like ispell -- in fact
currently I'm under the impression it doesn't handle them specially at
all...

I don't know how much of an problem this is -- I simply don't know
enough about the details of ispell, hunspell and Emacs ispell mode.

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde  :  "I heard that if you play the Windows CD backward, you
              :  get a satanic message. But that's nothing compared to