Re: Status of the bug tracker testbed

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: Status of the bug tracker testbed
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 15:34:29 -0700

On Sun, 06 Apr 2008, Reiner Steib wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 04 2008, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >> Submitting a bug for package "gnus" in this way creates another
> >> message to <address@hidden> (which is listed as the maintainer of
> >> Gnus): [...]
> >> This isn't useful for entering bugs into the tracker because the
> >> original bug is already on this list (or on some other mailing list).
> >> Is there a way to suppress it?
> >
> > You can ask Don to change the `gnus' group's maintainer address to
> > something else than address@hidden
>
> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >         A work around might be possible: set the maintainer address to a
> >  new mailingt list that people interested in getting all the mails
> >  subscribe to.
>
> Don, could you setup a list (say address@hidden) and use this as the
> maintainer address for Gnus?

Sure, the only problem is that any mailing lists I create will have to
be migrated off of my machines at some point in the future. If there
are no objections, I'll set one up for
address@hidden

Don Armstrong

--
A Bill of Rights that means what the majority wants it to mean is worthless.
 -- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia