Re: Problems with syntax-ppss

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Problems with syntax-ppss
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 10:59:43 -0400

> (iii) put a `save-match-data' round the function?

Actually, let me qualify the previous "no": around the whole function,
this is a definite "no", but I suspect that the match data can only be
affected via syntax-begin-function, so maybe we should document that
syntax-begin-function should preserve the match-data, and then we can
document that syntax-ppss does preserve the match-data.

        Stefan