Re: 23.0.60; Feature request: Menu item "load init files" after -q/-Q

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Feature request: Menu item "load init files" after -q/-Q
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 22:17:09 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:
Sorry, I did not intend to be argumentative.  The thread is just a bit
long and with many unrelated aspects mixed together.  As far as I can
tell the only interesting aspect of a "load .emacs" button is to setup
the mail system so that M-x report-emacs-bug works.  So it's the only
part of the thread that I'm focusing on.

Just a question since I do not understand:

I told earlier that on w32 this works because the bug reporter falls back to using the system mail program (as an example this in my case Thunderbird). Why can't this be done on other systems as well today?