Re: Default value of tls-checktrust should be 'ask

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: Default value of tls-checktrust should be 'ask
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 12:55:08 +0200

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:

> We should also provide an easy way to insert the certificate into a
> local trust store (ie 'ask will allow "always" and "never" as well as
> "yes" and "no" answers) , to give the power over who to trust back to
> the users, rather than allowing companies like Verisign to monopolise
> it. Does gnutls have a local per user store we can use for this?

No need for this, you can always add (or remove) any CAs root
certificate, see tls-checktrust docstring for examples on how to
configure a specific root-cert collection.  (and of cause the
documentation for gnutls for further details.)

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things.