Re: Tab bar

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Tab bar
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 08:55:48 +0100

Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
I can't understand this. Why are they fighting a (rather) well established standard on w32 instead of using it to their favor to get new users?

I'm not sure they are. C-tab is the standard keybinding for switching between child windows in an application, not for switching between tabs. What do Windows applications that have both tiled windows and tabs do (eg MSVC)? Do some applications just use C-tab in addition to C-pagedown because there are no child windows and C-tab is otherwise available?