Re: another javascript mode

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: another javascript mode
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 22:46:27 +0200

Hi,

Just from the first look at it I like this one. I use javascript-mode normaly, but js2-mode has much more features like error-checking and folding, jump to next error. Works nicely with imenu/speedbar.

A JavaScript mode is something really missing in emacs.

Just one little drawback:

I prefere to have similar faces in all the prog modes I use. E.g. js2-constant-face is 'gray', which I hardly can see on white background. Normaly I use a different face for constants, that most programming modes respect. js2-mode urges me to setup all the faces again just for the use of this mode.

Dan Nicolaescu schrieb:
Based on what you have seen, should we try to talk to the author to have
this mode included in Emacs?

Would much appreciated here.

Regards, Sebastian