Re: Tab bar

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Tab bar
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:11:41 +0200

Juri Linkov skrev:
however, toolkits like gtk+ do have tab widgets, like they have tool
bars and scroll bars - shouldn't they be usable, akin to "toolkit scroll
bars" and "toolkit tool bars" and "toolkit menu bars" in emacs?
Then should we have two versions of tab widgets: Gtk and non-Gtk?
Why wouldn't we? (Actually, I don't think we'd stop at two).  We use the
native widgets for other stuff, too.  XEmacs doesn't and looks quaint
everywhere in comparison.

Do other toolkits used in Emacs provide tab bar widgets?

Not Lucid (a.k.a native).  And not X11 (i.e. no toolkit, just libX11).

        Jan D.