Re: Syncing Gnus more often?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Syncing Gnus more often?
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 21:49:39 -0400

> [ I'm starting a new thread... ]
> On Wed, Apr 09 2008, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> [ In <news:address@hidden> ]
>> Maybe you want to ask Miles to do a round of sync'ing (he seems to have
>> been a bit busy with other things recently).

> Stefan, some time ago you offered to the arch-based sync (EMACS_22 ->
> trunk) for Miles if he is too busy or offline.  If you still volunteer
> to do this and it's okay for Miles, you could also sync to Gnus'
> repository.  I'm sure Lars will give you write access.

I don't think moving the single point of failure from here to there
won't help much, really (unless Miles is indeed too busy, of course).
What I'd like is to make it possible for various people to do it.

Or otherwise make it 100% automatic.  E.g. if there are conflicts, just
commit the resulting tree (with its conflicts) and suspend sync'ing until
some commits a new tree without conflicts.

        Stefan