Re: Tab bar

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Tab bar
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:10:37 -0400

    > These configurations could use the code used for ttys
    > if nobody wants to implement anything else.

    Do you mean we need tab bars for ttys as well.  I can't imagine how this
    could look.  Maybe, like a tty menu bar is currently implemented?

I think someone asked for tab bars on ttys too, but I am not sure we
_need_ them.  I don't see that there would be any harm in not
supporting tab bars on terminals.

It would be somewhat of a shame not to support tab bars with the Lucid
toolkit, though.  And the mouse does work on some terminals, so the
user could use the tab bar with it.