Re: Nit-picking (was: 23.0.60; M-( and M-) should not be bound in ESC ma

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Nit-picking (was: 23.0.60; M-( and M-) should not be bound in ESC map)
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:40:13 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:09:56 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
>     Just because a decision was made long ago does not mean that it is the
> right
>     decision now or even that it was the right decision then.
>
> That is true, but it is also true that if we keep reopening questions
> decided long ago, we will make our lives very difficult and probably
> make little progress.  We have to leave well enough alone for the old
> features most of the time, in order to have time to add the new features
> we know we want.

Amen.

Perhaps it's just me, but there appear to be too many threads on this
list that I need to skip entirely, due to their endless discussions of
issues of miniscule importance.  OTOH, I don't remember any
discussions of important new features for quite some time.  It almost
looks like no important development is going on.