Re: Bootstrapping Emacs-23.0.60-trunk newly broken (GNU/Linux, Cygwin)

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Bootstrapping Emacs-23.0.60-trunk newly broken (GNU/Linux, Cygwin)
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 14:53:08 +0200

> If there's interest we could add Cygwin and Windows build slaves
> and possibly increase the build frequency (the usual way of using
> buildbot is with a notification script in the CVS commit hooks, but
> I don't think this is allowed on Savannah).

After glimpsing at the BuildBot manual: It might make sense to

(1) send a notification to emacs-devel as soon as a build of the trunk
failed and temporarily increase the build frequency,

(2) send another notification when the first build succeeds after that
and decrease the build frequency to the standard value (maybe after
another day).

In addition, it seems reasonable to temporarily increase the build
frequency after a major merge or other non-trivial changes.