RE: 23.0.60; M-( and M-) should not be bound in ESC map

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: 23.0.60; M-( and M-) should not be bound in ESC map
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 08:06:58 -0700

>     Just because a decision was made long ago does not mean
>     that it is the right decision now or even that it was
>     the right decision then.
>
> That is true, but it is also true that if we keep reopening questions
> decided long ago, we will make our lives very difficult and probably
> make little progress.  We have to leave well enough alone for the old
> features most of the time, in order to have time to add the
> new features we know we want.

I did not keep reopening this. I simply submitted a bug report.

You, on the other hand, have succeeded completely in hijacking this thread and
turning it into exactly what you complained about - a useless, abstract,
back-and-forth. This is _your_ discussion, not mine. You are the one wasting
time.

I have not contributed at all to your hijacked discussion (for which you didn't
even bother to change the subject line). I only presented some arguments about
the bug report, and let it go at that. Those arguments, and the bug report, have
successfully been drowned by the tumor you grafted onto the thread. Bravo -
`report-emacs-bug' now results in a flurry of crap.