Re: Cruise Control to mitigate failure in make bootstrap?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Cruise Control to mitigate failure in make bootstrap?
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:16:42 -0400

> Cruise Control triggers a build whenever changes are commited.  Should
> the build fail, it notifies all those who have just committed of the
> failure.

I don't know about Cruise Control, but the way I see it working in our
case (e.g. with Romain's buildbot) is:

   bzr pull sftp://foo/trunk
   while buildot fails; do
      bzr uncommit
   done
   bzr push sftp://foo/stable-trunk

This way people how want a buildable trunk code can checkout the
stable-trunk branch.  In most cases this would be virtually identical to
the trunk.

        Stefan