Re: 23.0.60; etc/DOC-${version}.buildnumber

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; etc/DOC-${version}.buildnumber
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 10:38:08 +0200

Am 13.04.2008 um 05:18 schrieb Eli Zaretskii:
ut from a new and different source code base.

No, "make clean" by itself doesn't change the sources.

Right, it's me who prepares with a 'make clean' the CVS update to enter a new state. I want to have clean basis before I enter a new cycle. And I don't care what number this cycle has (reaching 100 after one year?).

Anyway, 'make clean' expresses something like: "make way for something new." This new does not necessarily depend on new input, like my apartment is still the same when I have swept away all the debris that fell down from my body and clothes etc. This 'make clean' makes place for something new. If I want to have some counter incremented I could 'make increment.'

When I make clean I don't want my rent be incremented.

--
Greetings

  Pete
                      ~  o