Re: Who uses "complete word" (aka SPC) in the minibuffer and how/why

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Who uses "complete word" (aka SPC) in the minibuffer and how/why
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 01:23:45 +0300

> If not, that's great: it's the part that's nasty to implement and I'd be
> happy to scrap it (or at least let it fail when it's too difficult to
> make it work).

I personally don't use word completion, but in Gtk the standard way of
completion is on word-by-word basis.  So it might be natural for Gnome users
to expect Emacs to complete the same way.  Though in Gtk word completion
is bound to TAB, and in Emacs it is bound to SPC, perhaps some users
might want to use SPC or rebind TAB to minibuffer-complete-word.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/