Re: Emacs does not listen on w32

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs does not listen on w32
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:21:42 -0400

>> Well, that is what I wanted WM_CLOSE to do, of course. I just want one
>> additional thing first: break out of any loop that makes it impossible to
>> exit Emacs in the normal way.

> How will you make Emacs differentiate between a loop that is a doing
> valid, useful work, and another one that "makes it impossible to exit
> Emacs in a normal way"?

You wouldn't: when the WM_CLOSE message is put into the queue, the
currently running Elisp code would additionally be interrupted
"unconditionally" by setting the quit-flag.

I'm not sure if that'd be the right behavior.  In any case, the first
thing to do is to figure out what *really* happened in the first place.
We don't even know why Emacs didn't respond.  Maybe it has nothing to do
with the processing of WM_CLOSE.

        Stefan