Re: Emacs does not listen on w32

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Emacs does not listen on w32
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:47:03 +0100

Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
I do not understand what you mean here. Does the lisp thread look for new messages when it is looping? (I think it should.)
It reads the message queue at the normal points where normal keyboard input is read (not Ctrl-G, that is handled specially). You have to call specific functions in your lisp loop to arrange for it to happen inside your loop. You might do that if you expect your loop to take a long time, but probably not if it is an infinite loop because of a bug.

If it does not then we can't do any useful after a SendMessage with timeout either, or can we?

If we used SendMessage, then the system would detect that we aren't responding to that message after its timeout.