Re: 23.0.60; Bold screen fonts have been unbolded

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Bold screen fonts have been unbolded
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:46:17 +0100

David Kastrup wrote:
Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

There appear to be various problems with italic and bold variations in
the new font backend.  The momentary proper display while dragging the
window may be because of a bug where the old font code is called in
some circumstances.

Interesting.

To clarify, I was speculating on a possible explanation for that wierd behaviour, though I did notice the old font code being called for blinking the block cursor a few months ago on Windows.