Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/ChangeLog,v

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/ChangeLog,v
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 17:12:22 +0200

On Tue Apr 15 2008 Sven Joachim wrote:
> No, that was the other way around: editing Emacs 22 ChangeLogs with
> Emacs 23 was problematic.  The Emacs 23 ChangeLogs are utf-8, have a
> proper coding tag and can be edited with Emacs 22 just fine.  I don't
> know what Roland did to mess this up.

I am most surprised that I checked in ChangeLog twice that day. The
first time it screwed up the utf-8, the second time it didn't. In
the meanwhile, I did not change anything in my setup. (It was after
I checked in ChangeLog the second time that I learned from Juanma
that things went wrong when I checked in ChangeLog the first time.)

Roland