Re: 23.0.60: slower in starting up?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: 23.0.60: slower in starting up?
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 23:51:27 -0400

"T. V. Raman" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm running on alinux console with the monitor turned off, so I
> couldn't care less about the fonts in use;-)

The starting time for emacs -nw is close to instantaneous---less than 1
second before Emacs is ready for input---with no discernible performance
regression compared to Emacs 22.  With the font backend turned on, the
startup time is much slower, but clearly this isn't what you're talking
about.

Maybe some of the packages you're loading take much longer to load in
Emacs 23, for some reason?