Re: binding c-h in isearch

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: binding c-h in isearch
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 22:49:59 +0200

Juri Linkov wrote:
Also I noticed another problem: when `same-window-buffer-names' or
`same-window-regexps' is redefined to display the *Help* buffer in the
same window, it makes impossible to continue using isearch in the current
window because it continues operating on the *Help* buffer in the same
window.  So it is necessary to bind `same-window-buffer-names' and
`same-window-regexps' to nil temporarily to force displaying the Help
buffer in another window.

Your patch sounds nice. Two small points:

- Shouldn't you allow scroll-other-window-up/down too when the other window displays the help buffer?

- Can't you do a sit-for after displaying C-h c help? I think that is the way it is treated when you for example do

  M-x and then C-h c

(Though I would prefer a longer default display time there.