Re: binding c-h in isearch

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: binding c-h in isearch
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 16:57:35 -0400

> window.  So it is necessary to bind `same-window-buffer-names' and
> `same-window-regexps' to nil temporarily to force displaying the Help
> buffer in another window.

That works around the problem but doesn't fix it.  You can specify
`same-window' in special-display-regexp, for example.  Or you could
encounter similar problems by setting display-buffer-function, etc...
A real fix is to make sure we return to the proper window and buffer
when we get back to the main search loop.

> +     (while (< i 256)
> +       (define-key map (vector i) 'isearch-other-control-char)
> +       (setq i (1+ i)))

This doesn't look right.  You probably just want to use

       (define-key map [t] 'isearch-other-control-char)

instead.

        Stefan