Re: vc.el and CSSC

From: Ulrich Mueller
Subject: Re: vc.el and CSSC
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 23:50:15 +0200

>> Can you check if the patch below fixes your problem as well?

> At least a quick test of checkout, checkin, and diff succeeds.

On second thought, you have to be more careful here:

"get" and "sccs get" are not completely equivalent, but the "sccs"
variant prepends an "SCCS/s." to its filename arguments before passing
them to "get".

While CSSC seems to play nicely with it, I don't know if all SCCS
variants will be happy if the "sccs" wrapper is called with SCCS
master filenames. So probably vc-sccs-master-templates shouldn't be
used for filename manipulation in this case ...

But to play it safe, I would suggest to stay with the present form of
the commands, without the "sccs" wrapper.

Ulrich