Re: 23.0.60; doc string of minibuffer-completing-file-name

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; doc string of minibuffer-completing-file-name
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 10:32:32 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 17:46:04 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > "Non-nil and non-`lambda' means completing file names."
>
> > Is that correct? It doesn't seem so, by looking at the C code (but I'm
> > no expert on that).
>
> Indeed, thank you.  Fixed.

Are you sure?  I see this fragment in minibuf.c:

  /* If this minibuffer is reading a file name, that doesn't mean
     recursive ones are.  But we cannot set it to nil, because
     completion code still need to know the minibuffer is completing a
     file name.  So use `lambda' as intermediate value meaning
     "t" in this minibuffer, but "nil" in next minibuffer.  */
  if (!NILP (Vminibuffer_completing_file_name))
    Vminibuffer_completing_file_name = Qlambda;

So it sounds like `lambda' is used in recursive minibuffers.  Am I
missing something?