Re: Build failure: feature not provided

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Build failure: feature not provided
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 15:42:40 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> "maintainer-clean" should also fix it, but maybe it doesn't.

It assuredly does (though there's nothing really to "fix"), if people
would bother to search the list archives before reporting a problem as
fundamental as a failure to build, over and over again.

>> Better to fix the automatic generation of the -loaddefs files to
>> include an appropriate provide form?

It already does, provided you start from a clean slate.

> Actually, I think those patches are good, independently from whether or not
> maintainer-clean does the right thing above.

Obviously I disagree, since I made the opposite changes in the first place.