Re: 23.0.60; tiny font in Customize button

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; tiny font in Customize button
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 02:30:11 +0200

Juri Linkov wrote:
emacs -Q
M-x customize-option adaptive-file-first-line-regexp

The Hide Rest button has a tiny, tiny font. See attached screenshot.

I wonder why the Hide Rest button has a link appearance?
Since it doesn't lead anywhere, I think it should be displayed
as a button.

Didn't we have a discussion about that before? It might be my fault since I found the button disturbing in the context. It was a button that did not act in the same context as the other buttons. The other buttons operated on the values in some way.

IMO the button made the buffer harder to read. Beside that I think it is quite common to display something that reveals more text as a link.