Re: 23.0.60; tiny font in Customize button

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; tiny font in Customize button
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 22:08:42 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I wonder why the Hide Rest button has a link appearance?
>>> Since it doesn't lead anywhere, I think it should be displayed
>>> as a button.
>
>> It's pretty ugly as a button.
>
> Could we use one of those triangles that either points rightward
> (closed/hidden/folded) or downward (open/shown/unfolded)?

It's certainly doable, assuming someone is up for some widget hackery.
(The `checkbox' widget in wid-edit.el is probably a good starting point;
in this case, the checkbox is implemented as a Lisp string that defines
an xbm image.  A similar method is used in startup.el for the "Don't
show this again" checkbox.)