Re: 23.0.60; pcvs cvs-query-directory changed behavior

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; pcvs cvs-query-directory changed behavior
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 18:20:39 +0200

On Mon, Apr 21 2008, Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> 2007-08-25  Reiner Steib  <address@hidden>
>
>>         * pcvs.el (cvs-query-directory): Only prompt when prefix is given.
>>         Don't behave differently when executed via M-x.  Add doc string.
>
> Oh, so you mean that when you used M-x to run the command, it always
> prompted you (i.e. you could either use the C-u prefix or run the
> command via M-x in order to get a prompt), whereas now only C-u works.
>
> Yes, I'm not sure why Reiner made this change, Reiner?

We discussed it in August 2007.  You suggested this change:
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/76857/focus=76893>.

My original point simply was to remove the inconsistency between using
`M-x' and running the very same command via a key binding: "Don't
behave differently when executed via M-x".

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)