Re: delete-selection-mode

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: delete-selection-mode
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:07:27 +0200

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>> Expectations should never take precedence when they are connected with
>> an inferior way to accomplish things.
>
> Is that really an objective point of view?

Strawman.  It is not a point of view at all.  It is a design principle.
And where "inferior" means "with a lot more hassle" or
"self-inconsistent", I consider this an eminently prudent principle.

> To me it looks like arrogance, and if I were a prospective new user of
> Emacs encountering it, I might be inclined to look elsewhere.

An program can not be arrogant, and whether or not you want to call my
discourse on emacs-devel an exhibition of arrogance does not concern
prospective new users.