Batch mode is broken.

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Batch mode is broken.
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 13:53:19 +0000

Hi, Emacs!

With a newly built CVS Emacs, I tried the following command:

% ~/emacs/emacs/src/emacs -Q -batch -l 000tests.el -f do-all-tests

(That's the test suite for CC Mode, by the way.)

It returned this error message:

   Device 0 is not a termcap terminal device

, regardless of whether I tried the command in a Linux virtual terminal
or a terminal inside X-Windows.

The error also happened on an older CVS Emacs (maybe about 1 month old),
but I had to do "make maintainer-clean" to get the thing to build, so
I've no record of how old it was.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).