Re: Improving Emacs for writing code

From: David Hansen
Subject: Re: Improving Emacs for writing code
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:49:33 +0200

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 12:06:58 +0200 address@hidden wrote:

> Emacs does a lot of things uniquely well, but we can still learn from
> other code writing environments how to improve the code writing
> experience in Emacs.
>
> These are concrete proposals I'm prepared to invest time in:
>
> - Merge Cedet in Emacs.

I would really like to see this happen.  We do have some time till the
next release and I think this would add quite some "super features" to
emacs that will attract not only the old farts here.

For sure a bigger user base will help the CEDET project to improve.  But
lets hear what the CEDET author thinks (hope this works, how do I post
to a newsgroup and send the same message via mail using gnus?).

David