Re: patch about moving file (or directory) to the Recycle Bin on Windows

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: patch about moving file (or directory) to the Recycle Bin on Windows NT series
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:35:17 -0400

> I made a revised edition (including w32.h).

I suggest we use a slightly different interface:
1 - Implement a new Elisp function `move-file-to-trash'.
2 - Add a config variable `delete-by-moving-to-trash' (default to nil).

The implementation of delete-by-moving-to-trash will at first be naive:
if set, delete-file delegates the job to move-file-to-trash.

        Stefan

PS: We will probably want to refine this implementation at some point so
that only some uses of delete-file are redirected to move-file-to-trash,
but let's start with that.