Re: Maintenance suggestion on an emacs mode

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: Maintenance suggestion on an emacs mode
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:19:46 +0200

* Stefan Monnier (2008-04-23) writes:

> Maybe we could apply his change, but make C-c the default (i.e. the
> default is to break the convention).  So it would still be easy for
> someone to unbreak the conventions.

I cannot imagine somebody changing the default.  And if somebody did and
used something like the proposed `C-c C-y', the bindings would be in the
namespace of major modes.  By the way, the proposal of `C-c C-y' would
also violate the key binding recommendations for minor modes.

Another option would be to remove those bindings altogether and put the
code for defining the key bindings into the manual for easy copying and
pasting into the init file.

--
Ralf